We enthusiastically call for applications for our inaugural MIS Quarterly Scholarly Development Academy, to be held in 2022.
As outlined in our MISQ Sept 2021 Editor's Comments, we were motivated by the inequities in science magnified by COVID-19 to offer a Scholarly Development Academy to support under-served scholars in our field. Our goal is to help scholars in these groups to renew and strengthen their passion for scholarship during a difficult time.
The first cohort of the Scholarly Development Academy will focus on post-PhD, untenured female academics; the second will focus on scholars in the Global South.
For further details, including how to apply and who will serve as mentors, please see: https://misq.org/scholarly-development
The dates are as follows:
- Dec 20, 2021: Applications due
- Jan 30, 2022: Selected applicants will be informed
- Mid Feb, 2022: First session - Plenary and get to know each other; story-telling and cohort-building
- March 2022: Second session - Paper development workshop; mentors comment on short summaries of papers
- Early-mid Oct 2022: Third and final session - Career development workshop; mentors share career advice with mentees
The exact dates of the three sessions will be finalized in the coming weeks – please check the URL above for updates.
The Academy will be held online, via Zoom. Sessions will be offered at two times during the day (with roughly half the mentors and mentees in each one) to support time-zone differences.
We hope this initiative will be a great help to the field. If you are interested, sign up!
Editor-in-Chief, MIS Quarterly
Connect with MISQ:
Like us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/MISQuarterly>
Connect on LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mis-quarterly/>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/MISQuarterly> @MISQuarterly<https://twitter.com/MISQuarterly>
Follow us on WeChat<http://weixin.sogou.com/weixin?type=1&query=misquarterly&ie=utf8&_sug_=n&_sug_type_=>
Visit our Social Media Repository<https://misquarterly.github.io>