Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Health Systems Management
Rush University Medical Center
Rush University Medical Center, a nationally recognized clinical and academic institution and the teaching hospital for Rush Medical and Nursing Colleges, located in downtown Chicago, invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor for the Health Systems Management Program. The Rush University health systems management program is ranked #5 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The Assistant/Associate/Full Professor is an open rank position, with responsibilities for teaching, research, and service in health administration and policy. This is a 12 month position. Teaching responsibilities will include masters-level courses across the residential and/or executive degree tracks. Primary instructional duties may include courses in finance, marketing, research methods, policy, informatics and/or other topical areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Achieving excellence in and maintaining the quality of the Master of Science in Health Systems Management (MS-HSM) degree offerings.
2. Teach multiple courses in the MS-HSM Executive Track, Residential Track, and elsewhere in the Rush University System for Health as needed.
3. Teach using multiple delivery mechanisms that may include face to face, online, and hybrid modalities.
4. Advise, coach, and mentor students.
5. Maintain a funded program of scholarly research, independently and in collaboration with other Rush faculty.
6. Participate in professional and/or community service.
7. Participate in and/or lead department, college, and university committees as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Earned doctorate in health administration, business, educational leadership, or a closely related field.
2. Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching at the graduate level (as evidence by prior course evaluations).
3. Excellent record of scholarly achievement in applied research and funding relevant to health administration.
4. Active involvement in relevant national professional associations (e.g., AcademyHealth, Academy of Management, AUPHA, ACHE, ASPA, INFORMS, NCAF).
5. Appreciation for collaborating with practitioners in education activities. Evidence of effectiveness in collaborating a plus.
6. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
7. A capable role-model of the Rush I-CARE values (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
8. Experience with a CAHME-accredited, nationally recognized program a plus. Experience in health care industry a plus.
Rush University System for Health (RUSH) is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the individuals and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research and community partnerships. RUSH comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College. Rush University Medical Center is an elite medical community recognized for excellence in patient care, medical discovery and clinical expertise. Our continued pursuits have earned Rush University Medical Center the distinction of being on U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 2020-2021. This places the Medical Center amongst the top 20 of the 3,000 hospitals evaluated. U.S. News & World Report has also recognized 11 Rush programs amongst the nation's best, including top five national rankings for orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery. These accolades, along with many others that include a decade of Magnet® designation, are a reflection of the collective efforts and commitment to excellence demonstrated by our physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses and medical staff. Rush University Medical Center has received Vizient's Quality Leadership Award, ranking first among 99 academic medical centers across the country. For the second consecutive year, all three Rush University System for Health hospitals have earned the LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader designation in the Healthcare Equality Index.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter to:
Leah Popescu, FASPR
Director, Faculty RecruitmentFaculty_Recruitment@Rush.edu
Rush is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer