PhD students and PhD advisors, please read carefully!
The OCIS Division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the 2021 Doctoral Consortium (DC) on Friday, July 30, 2021 online (originally to be held in Philadelphia, PA). The DC is an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. All interested PhD students working on research in the areas of Communications, Technology & Organizing, or Information Systems are invited to apply.
Faculty advisors include:
- Samer Faraj (McGill University)
- Seamas Kelly (University College Dublin)
- Hila Lifshitz-Assaf (NYU)
- Magnus Mahring (Stockholm School of Economics)
- Likoebe Maruping (Georgia State)
- Eivor Oborn (Warwick Business School)
- Wanda Orlikowski (MIT)
- Sundeep Sahay (Oslo)
- Oliver Salge (Aachen)
- Susan Scott (LSE)
- Michael Barrett (Cambridge Judge Business School) – Doctoral Consortium Chair
Acceptance is based on a review of the application materials.
Preference for attendance will be given to students who will have defended their dissertation proposals but not their dissertations by the date of the consortium, to those who have not previously participated in the OCIS DC, and to those whose institutions or fields would not otherwise be represented.
The application includes:
1) A 5-page, double-spaced, 12-point extended abstract of the proposed dissertation research.
2) A letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor supporting the student’s participation in the Doctoral Consortium.
3) A 1-page informational document with: Name of applicant; PhD program university/school affiliation; Dissertation title; Expected completion date; Educational background; Professional background / prior work experience; Future career aspirations. Please indicate whether you have attended the OCIS DC before.
- Due date for applications and letters of recommendation is May 1, 2021.
- DC, July 30 2021, from 10 am to 2pm. Meet up (with the JFC group) during Breaks and afterwards
Please email all application materials as attachments in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please subject the email with the following: “DC 2021 application”.
If you have any questions, contact Michael Barrett (email@example.com), this year’s OCIS Doctoral Consortium Chair. Thank you for circulating this call to all doctoral students who might be interested and who will benefit from participating in the DC.
Download the Call for participants