Call for Participants - OCIS Doctoral Consortium at Academy of Management
PhD students and PhD advisors, please read carefully!
The OCIS Division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the 2019 Doctoral Consortium (DC) on Friday, August 9, 2019 in Boston MA. The DC is an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. All interested PhD students working on research in the areas of Organizational Communication, Information Science, or Information Systems are invited to apply.
Faculty advisors include:
- Abayomi Baiyere, Copenhagen Business School
- Nosh Contractor, Northwestern University
- Marco Marabelli, Bentley University
- Christoph Riedl, Northeastern University
- Maha Shaikh, King’s College London
- Molly Wasko, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Susan Winter, University of Maryland
- Jeanne Wilson, College of William and Mary
- Kathy Chudoba, Utah State University (faculty mentor and DC Chair/organizer)
Travel support is available for some students admitted to the DC. Acceptance is based on a review of the application materials.
Preference for attendance and funding will be given to students who will have defended their dissertation proposals but not their dissertations by the date of the consortium, to those who have not previously participated in the OCIS DC, and to those whose institutions or fields would not otherwise be represented.
The application includes:
1) A 5-page, double-spaced, 12-point extended abstract of the proposed dissertation research.
2) A letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor supporting the student’s participation in the Doctoral Consortium.
3) A 1-page informational document with: Name of applicant; PhD program university/school affiliation; Dissertation title; Expected completion date; Educational background; Professional background / prior work experience; Future career aspirations. Please indicate whether you have attended the OCIS DC before.
Due date for applications and letters of recommendation is June 1, 2019.
Please email all application materials as attachments in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, contact Kathy Chudoba (email@example.com), this year’s OCIS Doctoral Consortium chair. Thank you for circulating this call to all doctoral students who might be interested and who will benefit from participating in the DC.