Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Organizational Behavior Division
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Five Year Report
OB Division Bylaws
About the OB Division
Lyman Porter Award
Making Connections Award
Media - Podcast
Media - Video Interviews
Post a Message
Share a File
Making Connections Committee
Social Media Committee
Technology and Media Team
Thanks to our volunteers
Want to get involved?
OB Student’s Guide to AOM
Countdown to AOM
OB Doctoral Consortium at Academy of Management
Job Market Tips
Student Rep Team
2017-18 Topic: Inequity
2018-19 Topic Ethics
2019-20 Topic Inclusion
Discussion: View Thread
Personnel Psychology Issue 1 2019
Personnel Psychology Issue 1 2019
Posted 14 days ago
Reply to Discussion
Reply to Sender
Dear OB Colleagues,
Personnel Psychology's first issue of 2019 is now available on-line (see below for table of contents). This issue includes:
• A meta-analysis on the relationship between destructive leadership behaviors (e.g., abusive supervision, bullying, incivility, undermining, narcissism) and followers' behaviors (job performance, OCB, and deviance).
• A study that examines how physiological and situational stressors impact customer emotions and aggression, as well as employee helpfulness, in the airport context across 3 studies (archival, observational, and critical incident experimental designs).
• An archival study that examines whether CEOs' pay comparisons with their peers influence their decisions to engage in layoffs, and under which conditions layoffs deliver "payoffs" (i.e., higher subsequent relative pay).
• A multi-study examination (one experiment and two field studies) of the relationship between employees' perceived corporate social responsibility and turnover, mediated by organizational pride and embeddedness.
• A set of studies to theoretically and empirically develop a multidimensional perceived person-group fit construct and scale (MPPGF scale) incorporating both social- and task-related elements of group work.
The issue also includes a review of four books: Handbook of the Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring (Passmore, Peterson, & Freire); 3D Team Leadership (Kirkman and Harris); Strategic Talent Management (Sparrow, Scullion, and Tarique); Fundamentals of Project Management (Heagney).
If you have any trouble accessing the articles or book reviews, please contact me directly.
Maria Kraimer, PhD
Editor, Personnel Psychology
Volume 72, Issue 1
Leaders and followers behaving badly: A meta‐analytic examination of curvilinear relationships between destructive leadership and followers' workplace behaviors
Jeremy D. Mackey, Charn P. McAllister, Liam P. Maher, Gang Wang
Pages: 3-47 | First Published: 09 June 2018
Helping to reduce fights before flights: How environmental stressors in organizations shape customer emotions and customer–employee interactions
Katherine A. DeCelles, Sanford E. DeVoe, Anat Rafaeli, Shira Agasi
Pages: 49-80 | First Published: 02 July 2018
Payoffs for layoffs? An examination of CEO relative pay and firm performance surrounding layoff announcements
F. Scott Bentley, Ingrid S. Fulmer, Rebecca R. Kehoe
Pages: 81-106 | First Published: 11 July 2018
Employee perceptions of corporate social responsibility: Effects on pride, embeddedness, and turnover
Thomas W. H. Ng, Kai Chi Yam, Herman Aguinis
Pages: 107-137 | First Published: 03 August 2018
Fitting in a group: Theoretical development and validation of the Multidimensional Perceived Person–Group Fit scale
Christina S. Li, Amy L. Kristof‐Brown, Jordan D. Nielsen
Pages: 139-171 | First Published: 27 August 2018
BOOK REVIEW SECTION
Jonathan Passmore, David B. Peterson and Teresa Freire. The wiley blackwell handbook of the psychology of coaching and mentoring. West Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons, 2016, 552 pages, $213 hardback
Rik Nemanick Ph.D.
Pages: 175-177 | First Published: 01 February 2019
Bradley L. Kirkman and T. Brad Harris. 3D Team leadership: A new approach for complex teams. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2017, 312 pages, $35.00 hardback
John W. Fleenor
Pages: 177-179 | First Published: 01 February 2019
Paul Sparrow, Hugh Scullion and Ibraiz Tarique. Strategic talent management: Contemporary issues in international context. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2014, 305 pages, $113.00 hardback
Alexis A. Fink
Pages: 179-180 | First Published: 01 February 2019
Joseph Heagney. Fundamentals of project management. New York, NY: American Management Association, 2016, 228 pages, $17.95 hardback
Bharati B. Belwalkar
Pages: 181-182 | First Published: 01 February 2019
New Best Answer
This thread already has a best answer. Would you like to mark this message as the new best answer?
Copyright Academy of Management. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic
Tags for Organizational Behavior (OB) community.
Add a tag
Divisions and Interest Groups
Managerial and Organizational Cognition
Organization and Management Theory
Organization Development and Change
Organizational Communication and Information Systems
Technology and Innovation Management
Connect @ AOM
Call for Paper
User Tags may not contain the following characters: @ # $ & :