Welcome to the Winter 2019 Newsletter!
Dear OCIS member, dear Guest!
We hope your fall semester is ending smoothly! We would like to share some important information on ongoing OCIS projects and upcoming Annual Meeting deadlines.
- Paper submission: OCIS invites submissions of innovative papers and symposia on organizational communication and information systems topics, and relying upon a broad range of theoretical perspectives, research methods, and data.
The deadline for submitting research papers, symposia, and Professional Development Workshop (PDW) proposals is Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 5 pm ET (NY Time). Submissions should be made through the Academy's Submission Center website. You can access the call for papers and symposia here (or contact Kathy Chudoba) and the call for PDW here (or contact Marco Marabelli).
- Call for reviewers: The vibrant, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating OCIS community is dependent on voluntary service work. Please consider to register as a reviewer for the OCIS community and contribute to the success of the 2020 OCIS division program. Please click here to register. We will ask you to review a maximum of three papers.
- We invite feedback, comments, and emerging insights on articles and blogs on our Insights & Research page. Join the discussions and keep our conversations going!
- The OCIS student initiative is a new activity that expands OCIS activities beyond the Annual Meeting.
- The next OCIS-MC Artificial Intelligence conferences (after the inaugural conference at Harvard in 2019) will take place in Shanghai (July 11-12) 2020 and Vancouver (Pre-AoM: August 5, 2020). The conferences are organized in collaboration with the Management Consulting (MC) division. Contact: Emmanuel Monod, Shanghai University of International Business and Economics.
We wish you all a wonderful winter break with your family and friends!
Do not hesitate to contact us for questions and feedback, and don't forget to follow us on all our social media handles below.
OCIS Division Chair
CIO & Newsletter Editor