Discussion: View Thread

Levelling the English Language-Use Disadvantage for English-as-a-Second Language Students Using AI

• 1.  Levelling the English Language-Use Disadvantage for English-as-a-Second Language Students Using AI

Posted 02-25-2024 17:32

Calling all AI prompt engineers/experts/savants.

I am trying to investigate the extent to which assessment graders over-assess proficiency in the use of English Language in various assessment criteria, and how AI can be used to level-off those disadvantages. I am trying to do an experiment using AI but first I need robust prompts.

To this end, I am looking for complete prompts that can be used to ONLY improve the grammar/spelling/communication in clear English quality of an essay without altering the original essay or adding any content to the original essay. I am aware of tools like Grammarly but I'm only interested in prompts.

The prompt should be surgical to the extent that it does not improve anything about the original essay apart from the grammar/spelling/communication in clear English.

The catch is... this prompt must be as universal as possible regardless of the subject and content of the essay.
    My intention is to test these prompts to see which one delivers the best output without altering the other qualities of the essay.

All prompt suggestions welcome or ideas about how to go about it. Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Important Notice: Liverpool John Moores University was established as a Higher Education Corporation under section 121 of the Education Reform Act 1988. Further information about Liverpool John Moores University can be found at https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/about-us The information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus free. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University. We will use the personal data information provided by you to respond to your email. For information about how we process personal data and monitor communications please see our Privacy Notice. https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/legal/privacy-and-cookies