Discussion: View Thread

Seeking Papers: AOM 2023 Symposium on Resilience and Identity

• 1.  Seeking Papers: AOM 2023 Symposium on Resilience and Identity

Posted 12-01-2022 05:18

Hi AOM DEI Community!

I am Cassandra Phetmisy, a 4th-year I-O Psychology PhD student at Rice University. My collaborators, MaQueba Massey, (Jackson State University), Beth Buchanan (University of Georgia), and I are organizing a symposium submission for the upcoming Academy of Management Conference on Resilience and Identity. We are doctoral students working with Dr. Danielle King (Rice University), Dr. Laura Stanley (UNC-Charlotte), and Dr. Quinetta Roberson (Michigan State University). 

Conference Location: Boston, Massachusetts (in-person attendance)

Conference Dates: August 4 – 8, 2023

Conference Submission Deadline: January 10, 2023

When we aim to receive each paper component: January 5, 2023

(Please follow this link for additional AOM meeting details: https://aom.org/events/annual-meeting

In line with the conference theme "Putting the Worker Front and Center," we would like to have manuscripts that are working papers (papers in progress), theoretical/conceptual, or empirical studies related to resilience and identity. In the proposed symposium, four or five research papers (depending on the inclusion of a discussant) will be presented and discussed. If you are interested in joining the symposium that I am organizing, please email me at cp38@rice.edu by December 9 indicating the following: 

1. Your desired role in the symposium (i.e., presenter or discussant) 

2. An abstract of what you would like to present in the symposium (around 300-500 words). This abstract should contain the project title, key ideas and contributions, and a description of the methods, data, and analysis (if applicable). For the final submission, each paper will be allowed 2-5 pages for its synopsis. 

We will reach out to you by mid-December to let you know if your abstract aligns with our theme. 

Thanks!

Cassandra N. Phetmisy, M.A. (she/her)
    Graduate Research Assistant
    Rice University, Psychological Sciences 

------------------------------
    Cassandra Phetmisy
    Rice University
    Houston TX
    (832) 768-7745
    ------------------------------