Discussion: View Thread

Message from the IM Division Chair

• 1.  Message from the IM Division Chair

Posted 3 days ago

Dear IM members

The IM leadership team looks forward to seeing many of you at the annual Academy of Management conference this August in Chicago.

We have an exciting program lined up for the meeting, thanks to the tremendous efforts of PDW Chair Ilya Cuyper and Program Chair Klaus Meyer. This includes sessions featuring nominees for best paper awards and finalists for the D'Amore-McKim Northeastern University Best Dissertation Award on Monday and Tuesday, the Hyundai Motor Eminent Scholar Award Session on Sunday to recognize the recipient of this year's award recipient, Yadong Luo,  and the IM Plenary on Tuesday, which features the recipients of the Division's professional awards: Jackson Lu (IM Division FIU Business Emerging Scholar Award), Nakiye Boyacigiller (IM Division AmorePacific Outstanding Educator Award), Elizabeth Rose (IM Division Outstanding Service to the Global Community Award). I want to take this occasion also to thank the leaders of the Doctoral Consortium (Jing Li and Charlie Steven), the Junior Faculty Consortium (Joao Albino-Pimentel and Srividya Jandhyala), the Meet the Editors session (Stephanie Wang) and the Paper Development Workshop (Daphne W. Yiu and Pei Sun).  For PhD students, do not miss the PhD social. All IM members are invited to join the PDW Social on Friday, the Chicago Architectural Cruise. I hope to see many of you there. And, of course, mark on your calendar the famous IM Division Scholarship and Engagement Gala Event on Monday from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm at House of Blues Chicago, organized by Denise Dunlap, the Chair of the Scholarship and Engagement Committee. Denise will pass the leadership of the Committee to Sorin Krammer after her long-term amazing service to the Division. Thanks, Denise and welcome, Sorin!

It has been a busy year, and we achieved a lot together. We have revised and approved IM Division Domain, Constitution and Bylaw. The Research Method Committee (chaired by Noman Shaheer), the Teaching Committee (chaired by Carl Fey), the Doctoral Student Committee (chaired by Afshin Hamrabadi) and the Dissertation Committee (chaired by Joao Albino-Pimentel) have offered several webinars on a wide range of topics within the IM field. Thanks to Alex Settles (the Chair of the Membership Drive Committee), we have expanded the Division media presence with the launch of a YouTube Channel, which adds to the social media (Facebook and LinkedIn page) managed by Antonina Bauman, the Chair of the Communication Committee. A lot has gone on behind the scenes, such as the work of the Research Committee Award, chaired by Randi Lunnan, which has worked with the program chair to select the winners of the IM Division Best Papers awards. I am pleased to invite you to the online IM Division Business meeting on July 25 at UTC 1 PM (EDT 9:00 am/CEST 3:00 pm) to meet the IM Division leadership and learn what is in the cooking for the next months.  

We could not accomplish this much without our generous sponsors. We are deeply grateful to AmorePacific, CEIBS, Florida International University, George Washington University CIBER, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hyundai Motor, Northeastern University D'Amore-McKim School of Business, and the University of South Carolina for their support of various awards.

On a personal note, I would like to thank the members of the Executive Committee, Bill Newburry, Nandini Lahiri, Klaus Meyer and Ilya Cuyper, and, the Division's Treasurer, Malika Richards. They have been a dream team to work with. After the conference, Bill will rotate off the EC, and Srividya Jandhyala

will step in. Join me thanking Bill for his service to the Division and welcoming Srividya.

Last but not least, I want to acknowledge the IM Division members from around the world, who contribute to the Division's success in a myriad of ways, from submitting and presenting their ideas to serving as reviewers to helping create the community that characterizes our division.

Thank you! It has been an honor to serve as Chair of the IM Division.

I hope to see many of you in Chicago!

Best,

Grazia Santangelo

Chair, International Management Division

------------------------------
    Grazia Santangelo
    Professor
    Copenhagen Business School
    Copenhagen
    ------------------------------