Discussion: View Thread

2024 Application Open: Innovations for Substance Use Disorders  (free)

• 1.  2024 Application Open: Innovations for Substance Use Disorders  (free)

Posted 25 days ago

Do you have a promising idea for a drug, vaccine, therapeutic, medical device, or digital health application to address challenges in substance use disorders (excluding alcohol)? Would you like to join a team with such ideas? Would you like to learn what it takes to bring your idea to market? 

If yes, the Innovations for Substance Use Disorders (I4SUD) is the program for you. Don't miss this opportunity to take your research to the next level by bridging the gap between academia and entrepreneurship and make a lasting impact on substance use disorders. 

Apply now!

What is I4SUD? 

I4SUD is an executive education certificate program offered to select applicants for free through Johns Hopkins Carey Business School (JHU CBS). The program will enroll 30 researchers who are motivated to solve challenges related to substance use disorders (SUDs). During the program, participants will work individually or with their team to assess if their pharmaceutical, digital health, or medical device-related inventions can be transformed into innovations to address challenges in SUDs. I4SUD combines asynchronous and synchronous online activities; a multi-day sponsored trip to JHU CBS in Baltimore, MD, for workshops led by world-class faculty, visits to operational SUD programs, networking/community building, including meeting NIDA program officers, and the development of a commercialization plan to make participants competitive for follow-on funding opportunities including but not limited to the NIDA-supported "$100,000 Start a SUD Startup" Challenge, and SBIR/STTR grant programs. Participants who complete the program also have the opportunity to win a cash prize through a pitch competition and will earn a Certificate of Completion from the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Office of Executive Education

Where can I find more information? 

Under our FAQs

You can watch our past webinars or attend upcoming ones  where we cover a short topic related to the course and provide information on the course: 

You can follow us on social media: 

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/i4sud/ 

X: https://twitter.com/innovations4sud 

You can email us at i4sud@jh.edu

------------------------------
    Phillip Phan
    Alonzo and Virginia Decker Professor
    Professor of Medicine (joint)
    Johns Hopkins University and Medicine
    ------------------------------