Discussion: View Thread

Webinar: Replicating Famous Studies on Sustainable Business

• 1.  Webinar: Replicating Famous Studies on Sustainable Business

Posted 03-11-2024 18:43

Speaker: Prof Andrew A. King (Boston) 

|

Time: Tuesday, 19th of March, 10 am (EST) / 3 pm (CET). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes, including Q&A. 

|

Registration: Please register using this link to receive a personalized Zoom link and a reminder before the event.

|

Over the last dozen years, my coauthors and I have identified serious problems in research on business sustainability. In some cases, we have succeeded in publishing corrections. In others, we have failed. I will describe our experiences, the barriers faced, and a potential solution. 

|

Suggested reading: 

- King, A. A. (2023). Comment and Replication: The Impact of Corporate Sustainability on Organizational Processes and Performance. SSRN 4648438.

- King, A. A. (2023). Does Corporate Social Responsibility Increase Access to Finance? A Commentary on Cheng, Ioannou, and Serafeim (2014). SSRN 4647425 

- Berchicci, L. & King, A. A. (2022). Corporate Sustainability: A Model Uncertainty Analysis of Materiality. Journal of Financial Reporting, Vol. 7, Issue 2 

- Berchicci, L., & King, A. A. (2022). Building knowledge by mapping model uncertainty in six studies of social and financial performance. Strategic Management Journal, 43(7), 1319-1346.

|

About the speaker:

Andrew A. King is Allen and Kelli Questrom Professor of Strategy and Innovation at Questrom School of Business, Boston University. His "contributions have been central to the development of the field of environmental management/sustainable business." He also has conducted research on innovation, business adaptation and resilience, and epistemology. He has been a Marvin Bower Fellow at the Harvard Business School, an Aspen Institute Faculty Pioneer, and an AOM Distinguished Scholar. Andy holds degrees in mechanical engineering from Brown University (BA) and the University of California (MS). He received a PhD in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

------------------------------
    Ibrat Djabbarov, Ph.D.
    www.ibratdjabbarov.com
    ------------------------------