#AOM2020 OCIS Award Winners were announced during the Annual Business Meeting on August, 10th
Congratulations go to:
OCIS Lifetime Service Award
Dr. Manju Ahuja
(University of Louisville)
Annual Conference Awards
Annual Best Published Paper by OCIS Member
- Winner: Matthew Beane (University of California, Santa Barbara) with paper “Shadow Learning: Building Robotic Surgical Skill when Approved Means Fail” (ASQ)
- 1st Runner Up: Eivor Oborn (University of Warwick), Michael Barrett (University of Cambridge), Wanda Orlikowski (MIT Sloan School of Management), & Anna Kim (McGill University) with paper “Trajectory Dynamics in Innovation: Developing and Transforming a Mobile Money Service across Time and Place” (OrgScience)
- 2nd Runner Up: Daniel Fürstenau (Freie Universität Berlin), Abayomi Baiyere (Copenhagen Business School), & Natalia Kliewer (Freie Universität Berlin) with paper “A Dynamic Model of Embeddedness in Digital Infrastructures” (ISR)
- 3rd Runner Up: Michael Etter (King’s College London and Copenhagen Business School), Davide Ravasi (University College London), & Elanor Colleoni (IULM) with paper “Social Media and the Formation of Organizational Reputation” (AMR)
Best Conference Paper Award
- Winner: Stavros Polykarpou (University of Exeter), Michael Barrett (University of Cambridge), & Eivor Oborn (University of Warwick) with paper "Place and Organizing for Emerging Technologies ‐ Challenges of Scaling 3DPrinting Across a UK Hospital"
- Runner Up: Christian Kasper Hofma, Arisa Shollo, & Ioanna Constantiou (Copenhagen Business School) with paper "Immersive Virtual Environments in Organizational Routines of an Architectural Office"
OCIS Best Student Paper Award
- Winner: Sophia Fu (Rutgers University) with paper "Institutional Complexity and Recombinative Innovation: Evidence from Hybrid Social Ventures"
- Runner Up: Hatim Rahman (Northwestern University) with paper "Invisible Cages: How Opaque Control Tactics Influence Worker Behavior"
OCIS DeSanctis Award & Newman Award Nominee
- Julie Delisle (ESQ UQAM) with paper "Temporal Frames: Exploring Sensemaking Through the Use of Planning Software"
Dexter Award Nominee
- Carolyn Stratton (Florida State University), & Diane Bailey (Cornell University) with paper "Pathways of enactment to and from organizing visions: Evidence from 3 countries' embrace of ICT4D"
Outstanding AE Awards 2020
- Anthony Ammeter (University of Mississippi)
- Fabiola Bertolotti (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia)
Best Reviewer Awards 2020
- Andrea Carugati (Aarhus University)
- Minna Logemann (Baruch College)
- Yulia Litvinova (WHU ‐ Otto Beisheim School of Management)