Please join us in an exciting panel on 'Digital globalization'.
The world has fundamentally shaped by uncertainties and disruptions, such as global supply chain breakdown and coronavirus pandemic. But the patten of globalization is shifting. Global data flows are surging, and digital platforms allow more countries and start-ups to participant globalization. We have seen that digital globalization changes who participants in globalization, how cross-border business operates, and where profits generate. Our panel focuses on two key questions: Are these emerging observations of digital globalization challenging classic international business theories? Is it time for a paradigm shift international business?
There is much to discuss in this panel. Some of the questions around this topic are listed as below:
1. What is digital globalization? What is new in digital globalization?
2. What are the effects of digital technologies on globalization? Does digital globalization challenge classic international business theories? If so, which ones and in what ways?
3. What is the optimal governance structure of digital globalization? Is it worth noting network advantage/ecosystem-specific advantage as a new distinctive ownership advantage?
4. Open source is no longer just for hackers and hardcore coders. Open-source software companies open their research stage to external contributors, but purposely make their design stage exclusive. This business model seems to be difficult to exist offline and is quite different from that of traditional platforms, such as Amazon and DiDi. Can existing IB theories explain this phenomenon?
5. Is it time for a paradigm shift in international business?
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
20:00-21:30 CST (Beijing, Hong Kong)
13:00-14:30 GMT (United Kingdom)
14:00-15:30 CET (Vienna, Berlin, Paris, Zagreb)
8:00-9:30 EDT (Boston, New York, Miami)
6:00-7:30 PDT (San Francisco, Vancouver)
Find your local time here: www.timeanddate.com/time
Free for everyone. We do not need you to register to access Zoom. Here is the Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87953603597?pwd=SjZ0OE13Yk5pcHZHSWx1UXc5cDhKdz09Meeting ID: 879 5360 3597Password: 938974Please add this to your meeting list.
Panel speakers (Alphabetical):
(University of Denver)
(Case Western Reserve University)
Tian Wei, Moderator