Attention doctoral students! (And those who know doctoral students!)CTO Doctoral Consortium application deadline: May 1, 2022
The CTO Division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the 2022 Doctoral Consortium (DC) on Friday, August 5, 2022 in Seattle, Washington. The DC is an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. All interested PhD students working on research at the intersection of communication, digital technology, and organizing. We welcome diverse submissions from the full diversity of approaches to research on these phenomena, including behavioral, social, technical, and economic issues.
Faculty advisors include:
- Ahmed Abbasi (University of Notre Dame)
- Gilbert Fridgen (University of Luxembourg)
- Brad Greenwood (George Mason University)
- Elena Karahanna (University of Georgia)
- Natalia Levina (New York University)
- Jeff Nickerson (Stevens Institute of Technology)
- Yuqing Ren (University of Minnesota)
- Youngjin Yoo (Case Western Reserve University)
- Lior Zalmanson (Tel-Aviv University)
- Nick Berente (University of Notre Dame) – Doctoral Consortium Chair
Travel support is available for some students admitted to the DC, pending NSF approval. Acceptance is based on a review of the application materials.
Preference for attendance and funding will be given to students who will have defended their dissertation proposals but not their dissertations by the date of the consortium, to those who have not previously participated in the CTO DC, and to those whose institutions or fields would not otherwise be represented.
The application includes:
1) A 5-page, double-spaced, 12-point extended abstract of the proposed dissertation research.
2) A letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor supporting the student's participation in the Doctoral Consortium.
3) A 1-page informational document with: Name of applicant; PhD program university/school affiliation; Dissertation title; Expected completion date; Educational background; Professional background / prior work experience; Future career aspirations. Please indicate whether you have attended the DC before.
- Due date for applications and letters of recommendation is May 1st, 2022.
- DC, August 5th 2022, from 9am to 4pm. Dinner (with the JFC group) at 7:30pm offsite
- PhD students poster reception, August 6th, 2022 (all mentors will attend the reception)
Please email all application materials as attachments in a single email to email@example.com. Please subject the email with the following: "DC 2020 application".
If you have any questions, contact Nick Berente (firstname.lastname@example.org), this year's CTO Doctoral Consortium Chair. Thank you for circulating this call to all doctoral students who might be interested and who will benefit from participating in the DC.