Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion DEI

View Only

2024 Lee Hakel SIOP Doctoral Consortium

• 1.  2024 Lee Hakel SIOP Doctoral Consortium

Posted 01-31-2024 10:29

Calling all late-stage OB/HR and I/O doctoral students!

Are you attending SIOP Conference this year? Consider registering for the 2024 Lee Hakel SIOP Doctoral Consortium (April 17, Wednesday)! Hear from distinguished speakers on topics such as thriving in the dissertation process, navigating the job market, making a positive impact on our science as a peer reviewer, and collaborating with researchers and practitioners.

To attend the consortium, you must have passed comprehensive exams (or your program's equivalent) to be eligible to attend. In other words, you would be considered all-but-dissertation (ABD) per your program's standard. If you are interested in attending, please first complete this form. Once we confirm your eligibility, you will be directed to register for the Consortium. 

Schedule (all times Central)

9:00-9:30 a.m. All-Consortium Kickoff and Introductions

9:45-10:45 a.m. Navigating the Dissertation Process (presentations): By Tianjun Sun (Kansas State University) and Desmond Leung (SHL)

11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Acing the Job Market (panel discussions): Academic-oriented panel by Eden King (Rice University), Liu Qin Yang (Portland State University), Daniel Beal (Virginia Tech), Lindsey Greco (Oklahoma State University), and Nancy Stone (Middle Tennessee State University). Practice-oriented panel by Randy Lim (McKinsey), Rachel Callan (Atlassian), Meredith Coats (Google), Jon Willford (Dropbox), and Niambi Powell (Ford)

12:30-1:45 p.m. Lunch Break

1:45-3:00 p.m. Bridging the Academia and Industry Divide (panel discussions): By Richard Landers (University of Minnesota), Quinetta Roberson (Michigan State University), Georgi Yankov (DDI), and Chase Winterberg (Hogan)

3:00-3:25 p.m. Coffee Break and Networking with ECFC and ECPC

3:30-5:00 p.m. Additional Prep for the Field

*Peer Review Bootcamp led by the Journal of Applied Psychology (academic oriented; joint session with ECFC)
    *Networking Session (practice oriented; joint session with Master's Consortium)

For more details and schedule, visit https://www.siop.org/Annual-Conference/Add-On-Events/Consortia. Feel free to email Doctoral Consortium Chairs Dr. I-Heng (Ray) Wu (i-hengwu@southalabama.edu) and Dr. Daniel Ravid (dmr@unm.edu) with any questions about the consortium. We hope to see you in Chicago!

------------------------------
    I-Heng (Ray) Wu
    Assistant Professor
    University of South Alabama
    Mobile AL
    ------------------------------