European Digital Platform Research Network (EU-DPRN)
Call for Papers: 8-9 June 2023, Milan, Italy
Submission deadline: 28 February 2023
Carmelo Cennamo, CBS and SDA Bocconi (email@example.com)
Joost Rietveld, UCL School of Management (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Panos Constantinides, AMBS (email@example.com)
Confirmed speakers and panelists: Annabelle Gawer, Michael Jacobides, Tobias Kretschmer, Juan Santalo, Ioanna Constantiou, Youngjin Yoo
Purpose, Venue, and Organization
The aim of the European Digital Platform Research Network (EU-DPRN) is to consolidate, integrate, and further develop ongoing efforts to advance research on digital platforms and ecosystems. It is meant to provide a forum for European researchers from different disciplinary backgrounds (e.g., strategy, entrepreneurship, marketing, information systems, economics) to share their latest research and deepen their professional networks.
At the heart of the EU-DPRN summit is a one-day plenary track comprising of paper presentations and feedback, panel discussions, and keynote presentations. The program features a curated set of high-quality papers from a mix of junior and senior faculty. Panels include speakers from inside and outside of academia, including practitioners and regulators. The program affords ample time for socializing, fuelled by Italian food and drink.
The summit further features a one-day PhD Development Workshop to provide opportunities to PhD students to present their work and receive feedback from senior scholars in their field. The workshop program includes a panel consisting of leading scholars and journal editors.
The EU-DPRN summit will be an annual event organized at different European locations.
We welcome paper submissions that explore a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Platform competition and competition within platforms
- Platform strategies and ecosystems in traditional industries
- Ecosystem governance: objectives driving choices and their consequences
- Post ATT ecosystem strategies: “content fortresses” vs. disintermediation
- Design and organizing principles of platform markets and ecosystems
- Decentralised autonomous platforms and the future of the platform business model
- Designing for (heterogeneous) network effects
- Data strategies for competitive advantage and fair treatment
- Co-specialization and standardization in and across ecosystems
- Incentives/tradeoffs/effects of antitrust and data regulation on ecosystem dynamics and complementors’ activities
Interested participants are invited to submit their working papers by February 28th, 2023. Submissions must be made via email and it must be a Word attachment (no page limit). It should contain authors’ names, institutional affiliations, email and postal addresses, while the subject matter line of the email should indicate “EU-DPRN – Paper Submission”.
PhD students submitting their papers should follow the same guidelines as the regular paper track submissions listed above. We will also consider short papers for the PhD workshop. PhD students should indicate in their submission that they are targeting the PhD workshop. The subject matter line of the email should indicate “EU-DPRN – PhD workshop”.
Please send your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting authors will be notified of acceptance or otherwise by April 15th, 2023.
We look forward to seeing you in Milan for the inaugural summit of the EU-DPRN!
Call for Papers -- EU-DPRN