The Organizational Leadership & Diversity Research Group at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems Stuttgart, Germany have an open position for a postdoctoral researcher to join an ongoing collaborative project with the Rationality Enhancement Research Group at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems Tübingen, Germany on fostering inclusion through chatbot-induced reflection. The start date in summer 2023 and duration are flexible (up to 24 months).
· Conduct rigorous research in an interdisciplinary team
· Present research at international conferences
· Publish research in high-impact outlets
· Co-mentor PhD students and student assistants
· Develop and run longitudinal human-subject experiments
· Statistical data analysis
· Modify the configuration of an existing chatbot to incorporate a new intervention
· PhD in leadership, management, organizational behavior, work and organizational psychology or similar.
· Interest in ethical leadership, inclusion, ethical decision-making, etc.
· Excellent oral and written English.
· (Soon to be) published papers in peer-reviewed, international journals.
· Excellent quantitative methods skills and statistical program expertise (e.g., R, Stata, Python).
· Conscientious and reliable
Optional qualifications that would be helpful but are not required:
· Experience with Git
· Ability to learn advanced IT skills with minimal instructions
· Experience with working on the command line
We offer you an opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary team and benefit from the diverse, open-minded, international working environment. You will author scientific publications, present them at international conferences, contribute to the development of digital interventions for promoting inclusion and ethical leadership, and expand your skills and knowledge on how to conduct high-impact research.
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals from underrepresented groups (e.g., women, applicants with disabilities) and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Contact and application deadline:
The application deadline is May 15, 2023. Your application should include a CV with references and a letter of motivation. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Ksenia Keplinger: email@example.com
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems