The OB Division is run by the Executive Committee: individuals are elected into five year tracks, with a different role each year in this order: Symposia Chair, Program Chair, Chair-elect, Chair, Past Chair.
The Executive Committee of the Division holds two regularly-scheduled meetings each year, one of which is held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Academy of Management. The second meeting is typically held during the winter months at a location chosen by the Chair of the division. Interim meetings are called as needed via conference calls.
Below is a brief summary of the role and duties of Division officers.
Division Chair Track:
Officers elected to the position of Division Chair serve a five-year term. They serve one year as Program Chair-Elect. They automatically succeed to the office of Program Chair, Division Chair-Elect, Division Chair, and Past Division Chair.
Current Division Chair - Elizabeth George
Divisional Chair Elect:
Divisional Chair Elect supports the Divisional Chair with strategic initiatives.
Current Divisional Chair Elect – Brad Kirkman
The Program Chair is responsible for the development and coordination of the OB Division’s program at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management.
Current Program Chair - Gilad Chen
The Program Chair-elect handles symposia for AOM (typically over 150 submissions) and oversees OB Division field awards.
Current Program Chair-elect - Keith Leavitt
The Past Chair provides council to the Executive Committee and takes on special assignments as requested by the Division Chair. The Past Division Chair may act as liaison to one or more of the Division’s standing committees. The Past Division Chair also organizes and chairs the Lifetime Achievement Award and Cummings Scholar Award committees.
Past Division Chair - Rebecca Bennett
Representatives at Large:
There are currently eight Representatives at Large on the OB Division Executive Committee. Representatives at Large work on arranging Professional Development consortia and workshops, the Division’s social hour, and other tasks as assigned by the Division Chair. To ensure overlap and continuity of expertise, three new Representatives-at-Large are elected yearly.
The current Representatives at Large are as follows:
- Fadel Matta
- Helena Cooper Thomas
- Raina Brands
- Sahnnon Tailor
- Margaret Luciano
- Beth Campbell
- Jasmine Hu
- Sreedhari Desai
- Cecily Cooper
- Raina Brands
- Payal Sharma
Non-elected Ongoing Positions:
The Executive Committee also appoints non-voting members into additional roles as needed. Currently, the Executive Committee includes seven appointed members.
Below is a brief description of the responsibilities for each appointed role:
- The COO is responsible for coordination among all of the various officers and volunteers that support the OB Division. The COO also manages all of the OB Division documentation, including meeting minutes and other archival data.
- The current COO is Alexandra Gerbasi
- Event Planner:
- The Event Planner handles audio-visual needs, rooms requirements, and catering for AOM events.
- The current Event Planner is Laura Erskine
- Program Developer Manager:
- The Program Developer Manager assists the Program Chair and Program Chair-Elect with development of the program for the annual meeting, including coordination and input of relevant data into the “Program Developer” tool used by AOM.
- Global Committee
- The Global Committee (GC) of the Organizational Behavior division was formed in May 2014. The mission of the GC includes welcoming and supporting international members to the OB division, leveraging the international character of the division, and ensuring that its offerings and services reflect the increasingly international membership.
- The current Global Committee Chair is Minna Paunova
- Communications Officer:
- The Communications Officer manages all of the communication from the OB Division's Executive Committee to the OB Division. Members can communicate to other members through the Discussion board. The Communications Officer does not handle member-to-member communication.
- The current Communications Officers are Michael Johnson & Wladislaw Rivkin
- Chief Technology Officer:
- The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for coordinating all of the electronic communications (e.g., Connect@AOM community site, social media) that help OB Division members stay connected. The CTO is also responsible for coordinating the work of web content subcommittees.
- The current CTOs are Michael Johnson & Wladislaw Rivkin
- Discussion Board Moderator:
- The Listserv Moderator manages and moderates the OB Division e-mail discussion list (Listserv).
- The Treasurer manages the budget and finances, keeps institutional knowledge about the division, and manages blue OB t-shirts and award plaques for AOM.
- The current Treasurer is Bret Bradley
- Program Developer Director:
- Assists the Program Chair and Program Chair Elect with developing the annual meeting program including coordinating the scheduling of OB Division symposia, paper sessions, social events, etc.
- The current Program Developer Director is Mel Fugate
- Program Developer Specialist:
- Program Developer Specialist reports to and supports Program Developer Director, as well as Program Chair and Program Chair Elect with the annual meeting program.
- The current Program Developer Specialist is Eean Crawford & Lance Frazier