Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in International Business
- Full time continuing, two vacancies
- Opportunity to contribute to world-class International Business research and education within the University of Sydney Business School, working in an internationally renowned team
- Academic Level B/C Base Salary $110,856 - $156,579 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking to make two new appointments in International Business at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level.
The University of Sydney Business School is one of the Asia-Pacific region's premier centres for engaged and innovative business education and research. With a highly international outlook, we have over 560 FTE (full-time equivalent) staff and more than 16,000 students (10,695 EFTSL) from diverse backgrounds enrolled in a comprehensive suite of programs including the high-profile MBA. The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and holds accreditation from AACS, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and from EQUIS through the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
Our Discipline of International Business comprises a diverse team whose world-standard research addresses the challenges of globalization providing solutions for business. The scope of our work reflects the inextricable link between the dynamics of international business and the economic, regulatory, political and cultural frameworks within which business operates. We publish frequently in leading international refereed journals such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business and Global Strategy Journal.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, including obtaining competitive research grants and publishing regularly in journals of international standing
- support the School's expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration, with a focus on the school's core research areas and existing research groups
- effectively design and deliver teaching in International Business units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally diverse student cohorts, including engagement with professional bodies in order to develop innovative teaching programs that enhance the student learning experience and their employability
- supervise higher degree research students.
We are looking for two Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in International Business who possess:
- a completed PhD in International Business or a closely related field (A PhD under examination is acceptable at lecturer level)
- an active research program in International Business with significant potential for high quality publication (Lecturer level) or a well-established program and publication record (Senior Lecturer level)
- expertise in teaching in one or more of the key areas of International Business, in particular: Cross-cultural management, international risk-management, international business environment, digital internationalization, and international entrepreneurship
- interest in (Lecturer level), or experience with (Senior Lecturer level), innovative, inter-disciplinary, non-orthodox research approaches, and contributing to public conversations around changing nature of global business
- demonstrated high quality teaching and capacity (Lecturer level) or experience (Senior Lecturer level) in curriculum design, in one or many of the areas of international business.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 13 February 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the link https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Lecturer-Senior-Lecturer-in-International-Business_0088436-2
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For further information about the position please contact Professor Vikas Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application please contact Recruitment Consultant Rae Hao on email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
University of Sydney