The International Management (IM) Division invites submissions of papers and symposia for the Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting to be held in person in Chicago from 9 August to 13 August 2024.
The 2024 AoM conference theme Innovating for the Future: Policy, Purpose, and Organizations raises many research questions of concern to IM scholars, such as:
· How can entrepreneurs effectively roll out innovations optimized in one national context to other contexts with divergent stakeholder expectations and regulatory institutions?
· How can MNEs innovate business models to reflect local social and environmental priorities, while maintaining integrated global value chains and unified global practices and purpose?
· How do MNEs effectively manage global knowledge resources for innovation when faced with geopolitically motivated barriers to knowledge sharing?
· How can MNEs collaborate with local policy makers to develop and implement innovative approaches to global Grand Challenges?
· How can organizations develop shared purpose globally when facing divergent cultures and societal priorities on social and environmental issues?
· What factors impede or stimulate international entrepreneurship that is aimed at developing innovative solutions to Grand Challenges?
· How can culturally diverse teams be managed to accelerate responsible innovation?
Please consider submitting symposium proposals that explore any of these questions applying international perspectives and a variety of theoretical lenses. Symposia offer a great opportunity to examine interfaces by engaging in meaningful and highly interactive dialog among the panelists and with the audience. The submissions website is here: https://submit.aom.org/2024/default.aspx
Also remember to sign up as reviewer: https://review.aom.org/2024/default.aspx
Please find attached our full Call for Papers.
IM Division Program Chair